To begin my presentation I will introduce my self and my topic. I want to bring across my argument about the American government imperialistic role attempted toward the Cuban government. I want to explain Fidel Castro and his viewpoints for Cuba. I want to introduce a group called the Cuban exile community. They have influenced the U.S government a lot because they are very passionate about getting Fidel Castro out of Cuba.
It will start something like this….
Hello Everyone =]
My research topic was on Cuba. I mostly focused on the effects of the Cuban Revolution is 1959. Many Cubans from the upper and middle class let for Florida in America. That is about 90 miles north of Cuba. They are known as the Cuban Exile Community. Castro was not supported by the U.S government. The U.S government tired many tactics to take Castro down. Some main events were the embargo block in 1960 and The Bay of Pigs Invasion of 1961. But it’s amazing to know these events have not hindered Castro and the development of Cuba, Castro was able to rise above it and to make the Cuban nation stronger.
I am currently looking for picture or cartoon that will engage the class to understand the view points of the Cuban exile community. They are the main reason the U.S government was involved with Cuban during this time.
To accomplish an effective oral presentation you must:
- Speak loud enough and clearly enough so everyone in the room can understand you.
- Keep eye contact ( I think this engages people when you look at them)
- To make sure you are familiar with all the information you are explaining. ( it will flow better for you if you have a well understanding of it.
- Practice if you get nervous in front of people so you don’t mess up
- Don’t just speak and talk like you want it to be over, try to make it interesting. (you took you time to research and learn something, let you classmate learn a little also)
- To achieve this all you have to do is go over your work before you present