Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cuba

Cuba is my interest to study because I want to know why they don't like America. It really bothers me that they make it so clearly known they do not like America. They should have a good reason since there is so much restriction between us. My goal is to find out the issues they have with America. Can it be fixed? Do the Cubans want it to be fixed? I'm not sure what relations we have with them but I know it's all involved with the government. From what I learned in class something in their constitution says we have part of their land. When they were fighting for their independence America had imposed on it so that may have sparked it. Also America was very racial against them. Other than that time I’m not sure what other relations they have come across with America.   
I Looked up Cuba on Wikipedia and it was mostly giving just basic facts and general information. Information like dates, time periods, wars, weather, population, and statics. It was helpful for all the fact, dates and time periods of war. I knew America and Cuba had issues that involved in wars, I just didn't know what wars were and how they affected their relationship. This is helpful for me to understand the wars and could possibly be why the Cubans hate Americans. I was surprised to read about the foreign relations Cuba has, Cuba supported the Soviet Union. Wikipedia is giving me information about every part and aspect you need to know about a country to understand the history and functions of the nation. I did enjoy reading about the education, health and everything else. But they don’t give anyone’s view points or opinions about anything. How can we know the reality of it if we can’t get a deeper meaning or response?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophia - I think this will be a very interesting topic for you - one thing to think about: in your first sentence you say 'they' don't like America. Remember what we said in class yesterday: a country can't like or hate or fear. So who specifically do you mean by 'they'?

    You ask a great question at the end. Figuring out the period and issues about which you want to go deeper will help you then find sources that will take you there.

    ReplyDelete